Gourmesso’s Lungo Latino Mezzo is made with a blend of Arabica beans from South and Central American, plus Robusta beans from Vietnam.
- Roast: medium
- Intensity: 6/10
- Flavor: fruity, bitter
- Content: 65 mg of caffeine.
- Beverages: lungo (3.70 oz)
- Brand: Gourmesso
- Price: $0.45 per capsule
- Order: Buy Gourmesso’s Lungo Latino Mezzo capsules here ->
- Nespresso machines on sale
While I often find Lungo coffees to be a bit too bitter, more particularly some of Nespresso’s standard Lungo capsules, Gourmesso’s Lungo Latino Mezzo proves to be surprisingly smooth whether it’s in terms of flavor or texture. It is soft enough that you don’t need to add sugar – at least for those who do as I drink my coffee black – or turn it into a Latte Macchiato. Of course, you might argue that Latino Mezzo might somewhat lack sophistication as Lungo coffees are more enjoyable when slightly spicy or fruity but, overall, it is an honest blend that everybody should enjoy.
- Activities: Smooth and not too intense, Latino Mezzo is particularly fitted for work as it delivers the good without attracting too much your attention or getting you wired.
- Music: I find it to go well with Coldplay’s latest, A Head Full of Dreams, as it’s pleasant, soft background music.
- Food: Its smoothness makes it a good candidate for all kids of food but because it’s a bigger cup, I like to dip a buttered slice of brioche in it, something that is old school French!
Lungo Latino Mezzo comes in black rectangle box with a green font and theme. The back of the box features information about this blend in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German. All 10 capsules are packaged by pair in light green bags where the name and intensity are also featured.