A blend of green Arabica beans from India and Robusta beans from Mexico.
- Roast: split-roasting
- Intensity: 9/13
- Flavor: woody, caramelized, gingerbread
- Content: 5 grams of roast and ground coffee.
- Beverages: lungo (3.70 oz)
- Brand: Nespresso
- Price: $0.70 per capsule
- Get Nespresso’s Envivo Lungo capsules here …
- Nespresso machines on sale
If you’re looking into starting your morning with a strong caffeine kick, Envivo Lungo is certainly the way to go. With an intensity of 9 out of 13, this is Nespresso’s strongest lungo, which brings it close to an espresso experience. Upon first sip, Envivo feels smooth but a dark and woody flavor quickly takes over, before being replaced by a salty aftertaste. Envivo seems to be a lungo capsule for espresso aficionados but, personally, I go for a lungo cup when I feel like having something softer than my typical espresso fix. As a result, I tend to prefer having Envivo as a Latte Macchiato with milk which makes it mellower.
- Activities: As mentioned earlier, this is your go-to fist cup of coffee if you want to wake-up quickly but I wouldn’t recommend following with another one, instead going for a lighter and fruitier capsule.
- Music: Dark and intense, it goes well with Garbage latest LP, Strange Little Birds.
- Food:Because Envivo has such a bold flavor, something too sweet wouldn’t work as the sweetness would be overpowered. Rather, I would go for one my favorites, the classic French pain au chocolat, which chocolate can nicely complement the coffee’s tone.
The 10 Envivo capsules come in Nespresso’s standard rectangle box with an orange theme reflecting the capsule color.