Arabica beans from South America and Central America.
- Roast: dark
- Intensity: 9/13
- Flavor: cocoa, malt
- Content: 5 grams of roast and ground coffee.
- Beverages: espresso (1.35 oz), ristretto
- Brand: Nespresso
- Price: $0.70 per capsule
- Get Nespresso’s Arpeggio capsules here …
- Nespresso machines on sale
Even though I like dark roasts, I must admit that Arpeggio is pretty rough upon the first sip. It right away assaults you with its intensity, bitterness and it’s certainly not a coffee capsule for everybody. That said, once you get acclimated with its strong aftertaste, you get the need to have another cup. In terms of taste, it has a light cereal feel to it but what’s most obvious are the cocoa notes; and talking about cocoa, the best way to describe Arpeggio’s experience is like eating a 90% cocoa dark chocolate, whether it’s in terms of taste or bitterness.
- Activities: As your first cup of coffee of the day, it will certainly give you a big kick and wake you up almost instantly. Depending on your taste, you might want to follow it with another cup or go with a smoother blend.
- Music: Dark, intense, bitter … it calls for The Cure’s Pornography album.
- Food: Because its strong taste will overpower anything sweet, you should stay within the same flavor range, pairing it with dark chocolate.
Nespresso’s Arpeggio coffee comes packaged in your standard Nespresso box featuring a purple logo and including 10 dark purple capsules.